“Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore, put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one.Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.” Ephesians 6:11-18
“I know where discord comes from, so give me the wisdom to aim my defenses at the correct source of my problems. Remind me to BE STILL and let You fight my battles because they are not mine to fight, but Yours. Give me spiritual eyes to see my adversary so I can stay clear of his deception.”
- I put on the Belt of Truth to give me balance and stability under pressure. Remind me of the truths of Your Word that will keep me girded in my position as Your child. I know full well that You give me righteousness, peace, and faith in FULL measure.
- I put on the Breastplate of Righteousness that comes fully equipped with YOUR imputed righteousness. Search me and know my anxious thoughts. Help me to guard my soul (thoughts, ambitions, feelings, conscience) and to be diligent in what I am feeding myself daily. Fit me with the fruits of the Spirit.
- I put on the Shoes of Peace and remember, always who You ARE. I will buckle trust and thankfulness so tight around my feet that it cannot slip off in battle. I know Your love for me will never change and through You, I already stand in a place of victory over the enemy.
- I put up the Shield of Faith against every lie and every assault of the enemy. I lift the confidence that You have good in store for me and nothing is coming today that can overcome me because You are with me. Help me to remember who I am in Christ and adapt my behavior and decisions accordingly. Help me to walk by faith and not by sight, and completely fearless.
- I put on the Helmet of Salvation that reminds me that I am forgiven and set free from condemnation. I am Your chosen, LOVED and precious child. Cover my mind and thoughts, reminding me the Truth of what I received when I believed. I declare that NOTHING can separate me from Your love and the place I shall forever have in Your Kingdom.